Windows Presentation Foundation or WPF plugin was installed in windows coputer when windows update start automatically by Microsoft. Mozilla Firefox blocked this plugin and disables it because of security purpose for websites update. This plugin does not run by default in windows 7. For installation of this plugin .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required.
UN-Installation of Windows Presentation Foundation Plugin
The following guide to how to remove windows presentation foundation plugin from your Firefox.
- Close your Firefox web browser
- Go to c:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv3.5Windows Presentation Foundation in windows folder that install in your drive which is you install your operating system
- Locate the file NPWPF.dll
- First backup this file into another drive
- Delete this file NPWPF.dll in this folder
- Restart your computer
Open Firefox after the restart and check your plugin, Windows Presentation Foundation plugin should not show up in the list of installed plugins. Now one more step that might be necessary. Do the following to remove the plugin from Registry entry as well:
- Open the windows Registry, Go to start menu and click to run, type regedit and press enter
- Find the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMozillaPlugins
- Find the sub key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMozillaPlugins@microsoft.com/WPF,version=3.5
- Right click on the sub key and create backup the key
- Delete the key in the Registry
- Restart your computer system
Now your Firefox get rid of the Windows Presentation Foundation plugin.
If you need any update of current plugin than you can read our Current Version Plugin Google Update Post to update your Firefox plug-in and browser.